International Creative Lab "PlatformA" announces:
Call for Works-In-Progress:
Dance - Physical Theatre - Circus
2014 - Russian Drama Theatre
- the hearth for new artistic flames
- the international epicentre for new discoveries and creative inspiration
- the platform for new international network opportunities and collaboration
Dancers, actors of physical theatre, contemporary circus performers and choreographers are invited to bring their works-in-progress to take part in the Creative Lab "PlatformA". The Lab is open to performers from various genres, techniques and styles and different countries.
PlatformA offers the opportunity:
- To work with the directors on their creative pieces which were created individually without a director – to put the finishing touches and improvements to their works-in-progress under the directorial guidance;
- To explore and experiment with the artistic elements and the structure of the individual work-in-progress through the prism of the common performance creation together with Russian actors and colleagues from different countries and to take part in the common final demonstration on the stage of the Russian state repertory theatre;
- To experience the process of mounting the performance in multicultural and multilingual theatre environment;
- To explore new creative ideas and meet potential collaborators from different countries.
The brightest and most significant works-in-progress participating in the Lab will have opportunity for further development perspective in collaboration with IUGTE and "ArtUniverse” Agency.
To apply for participation in the Lab, candidates should send the following documents to email@example.com stating "PlatformA" in the message subject:
- Letter of motivation describing the interest in joining the Lab and the brief idea of the work-in-progress (participants can bring the artistic elements of their work-in-progress – costumes, props, etc.);
- Web link to video or video file of the work-in-progress, or its fragment;
- Detailed CV describing all specific skills and abilities;
- Scanned copy of the passport;
- Latest head shot and 2-3 additional photos;
- Any additional material describing professional experience: web links to past projects and performances, photo, video, reviews, articles, interviews, etc.
The working languages are English and Russian. Translators will be available.
more details on participation conditions, please Contact Us.
Applications are considered on the competitive basis.
Organized by IUGTE in collaboration with "ArtUniverse"
For partners and collaborators:
If you are interested in having this workshop at your theatre, theatre university, conference, festival,
or would like to discuss any other collaboration format, please contact us for available periods and practical details.